Saturday, July 18, 2020

2020 updates

It has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog. I still have been active in fund raising for the orphanage and have been very fortunate to have been able to send an average of $2000 annually each Christmas season. To date, thanks to family and friends, I have been able to send $18,500 to the children of Kim Long. Since my last post, I have been fortunate to participate in several events related to my Vietnam service and the orphanage. I was contacted by a woman who was doing research about her roots and found me on the internet. She was at the orphanage at the same time as I was and we had a reunion at my home that was covered by local CBS. I was also interviewed by New Jersey PBS, with many other Vietnam Veterans. The interviews were shown before the Ken Burns Vietnam series and I was invited to the premiere in New York City. Hopefully, this exposure will bring in more donations for the orphanage. I have also been asked to be a part of a documentary about three orphans and it will be a part of the Sundance Film Festival. See the website for more information. https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-sacred-heart-3-project It has been a busy time since my last posting but I hope to be more diligent in posting in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to donate … please send me info at meldridge@dhlfl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me info meldridge@dhlfl.com I wish to donate.

    ReplyDelete